CADD TECHNICIAN POSITION SUMMARY: Creates detailed construction drawings, including plan, profile, cross section, and construction details, along with topographic, aerial, and other related maps used in planning and construction of civil engineering projects such as highways, streets, bridges, culverts, land development, water and sewage treatment, water distribution, sewage collection, and drainage facilities by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following:
- Reviews rough sketches, drawings, and other engineering data received from Civil Engineer, Engineer Intern, or Project Manager
- Converts field survey data into topographic survey drawings and 3-D models suitable for producing construction drawings and construction layout data
- Creates detailed construction drawings of proposed improvements such as roads, bridges, drainage systems, water & sewer facilities, and land development projects
- Prepares 2-D and 3-D construction layout data suitable for staking by field surveyors or use in GPS controlled construction equipment
- Maintains proficiency in automated design programs, provides assistance to other professional staff, and operates production equipment
- Works closely with the Civil Engineer, Engineer Intern, Project Manager, support staff, and other team members to produce construction drawings and layout data
- Convert survey data to plats, topographic plans, and other plans, models and profiles; Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Detail oriented
- Listening, understanding, and responding
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Planning, organizing, and coordinating
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Associate degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- CAD software: 1 year (Preferred)
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible